Summary of accomplishments:
- Dredging into Cell 5 resumed; substrate at +1 inch ML
- Overhead winch fixed – new battery and shortened cable
- Airboat to Christian Marsh to check on terracing project;
- Total cumulative time dredging in Cell 5 (with spillover to Cell 4): 58 hours
- Total dredging time at study cells: 76 hours
Impediments: left traveling cable broke (and replaced); low water level
There has been a three week hiatus as the Walton coalition had a planning retreat, the Rainey sanctuary manager (Timmy) took a vacation, and then Karen’s daughter was in an accident. Last dredging session was shut down because the overhead winch (which was replaced this summer) quit, and we decided it must be too much cable binding in the case and an old battery that wasn’t up to the load.